- Washington Merlot lovePosted 10 hours ago
- A Great Northwest Wine Time MachinePosted 1 day ago
- Horse Heaven Hills the driving force behind Washington growthPosted 2 days ago
- Oregon wineries should plan for another warm vintage, scientist saysPosted 3 days ago
- Allen Shoup to be inducted into Washington Wine Hall of FamePosted 5 days ago
- Washington Cabernet Sauvignon crushes competitionPosted 5 days ago
- Oregon winery restriction sparks comments on The Rocks AVA petitionPosted 6 days ago
- Red blends are big winners in Pacific NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
- Yakima Valley feast pairs wine, food, poetryPosted 1 week ago
- Great Northwest Destinations: Desert Wind WineryPosted 1 week ago
Great Northwest Wine Competition begins
HOOD RIVER, Ore. – The inaugural Great Northwest Wine Competition has begun.
The judging began this morning at the historic Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River, where 16 professional judges will taste through 791 wines over the next two days.
The wines come from wineries in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and British Columbia. Gold medals are being tweeted as they are awarded at #GreatNorthwestWine.
Complete results will be posted Sunday evening after the conclusion of the competition.