- Introducing the Great Northwest Winecast, a weekly podcastPosted 5 mins ago
- Union Wine Company takes next step in OregonPosted 1 day ago
- Oregon wineries happy with Alaska Air promotionPosted 2 days ago
- 20 years later, André Tchelistcheff’s influence remains in WashingtonPosted 3 days ago
- Syrah still strong in WashingtonPosted 4 days ago
- Photo gallery: Bud break on Washington’s Red MountainPosted 5 days ago
- Inside WSU Wine Science Center constructionPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. Sen. Murray bullish on Washington winePosted 1 week ago
- Duck Pond Cellars family creates Pinot Noir for conservationPosted 1 week ago
- Washington vineyards get through winter unscathedPosted 1 week ago
Great Northwest Wine Competition begins
HOOD RIVER, Ore. – The inaugural Great Northwest Wine Competition has begun.
The judging began this morning at the historic Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River, where 16 professional judges will taste through 791 wines over the next two days.
The wines come from wineries in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and British Columbia. Gold medals are being tweeted as they are awarded at #GreatNorthwestWine.
Complete results will be posted Sunday evening after the conclusion of the competition.