- U.S. Sen. Murray bullish on Washington winePosted 20 hours ago
- Duck Pond Cellars family creates Pinot Noir for conservationPosted 2 days ago
- Washington vineyards get through winter unscathedPosted 3 days ago
- Climatologist points to wet, warm April for Northwest wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Northwest Riesling renaissancePosted 5 days ago
- Long Shadows Vintners unveils new labelsPosted 6 days ago
- 14 Hands Winery opens with style in ProsserPosted 7 days ago
- Historic Sagemoor Vineyards sold to apple growerPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon wine community reflects on life of Elkton’s John BradleyPosted 1 week ago
- Yakima Valley winery tops Capital Food & Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
Great Northwest Wine Competition begins
HOOD RIVER, Ore. – The inaugural Great Northwest Wine Competition has begun.
The judging began this morning at the historic Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River, where 16 professional judges will taste through 791 wines over the next two days.
The wines come from wineries in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and British Columbia. Gold medals are being tweeted as they are awarded at #GreatNorthwestWine.
Complete results will be posted Sunday evening after the conclusion of the competition.