- Malbec a delicious Pacific Northwest redPosted 2 hours ago
- Yakima Valley winemakers show fondness for Secret CrushPosted 13 hours ago
- Washington’s Double Canyon makes national pushPosted 2 days ago
- Ron Irvine’s ‘Wine Project’ tells story of Washington winePosted 3 days ago
- Telaya begins new chapter for Idaho winePosted 4 days ago
- Champoux champions Marquette grape in retirementPosted 5 days ago
- Cab is king at this year’s Celebrate Walla WallaPosted 6 days ago
- Great Northwest white winesPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon coast town gears up for Savor Cannon BeachPosted 1 week ago
- Small Washington wineries ask state for tax breakPosted 1 week ago
Great Northwest Wine Competition begins
HOOD RIVER, Ore. – The inaugural Great Northwest Wine Competition has begun.
The judging began this morning at the historic Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River, where 16 professional judges will taste through 791 wines over the next two days.
The wines come from wineries in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and British Columbia. Gold medals are being tweeted as they are awarded at #GreatNorthwestWine.
Complete results will be posted Sunday evening after the conclusion of the competition.