- Telaya Wine Co. follows up awards with Boise River tasting roomPosted 21 hours ago
- Mercer Estates opens wine bar at KeyArenaPosted 2 days ago
- Red Mountain winemakers taste mechanically harvested CabPosted 3 days ago
- Oregon wineries embrace Memorial Day weekendPosted 4 days ago
- Washington’s Great Cabernet SauvignonsPosted 5 days ago
- WillaKenzie Estate to renew Food Truck WeekendsPosted 5 days ago
- Oregon Wine Board publishes its first touring guidePosted 6 days ago
- Rise and fall of Washington LembergerPosted 1 week ago
- Seattle gears up for Riesling Rendezvous in JulyPosted 1 week ago
- Hundreds help launch Walla Walla Valley’s Pambrun in stylePosted 1 week ago
Rio Vista Winery 2010 Barbera, Columbia Valley, $37
John Little grew up on the Olympic Peninsula and, after graduating from Central Washington University, worked in Seattle for nine years. But his roots were in farming, so he moved to Central Washington, bought an orchard and worked at Wenatchee Valley College until retiring in 2004. He and his wife, Jan, now own Rio Vista, a winery along the Columbia River north of Lake Chelan. This is a stunning red using grapes from Lonesome Spring Vineyard, opening with aromas of chocolate, toasted marshmallow and black raspberry. On the palate, it reveals flavors of poached plum, walnut, dark cherry and huckleberry.
Production: 100 cases
Distribution: This is for sale only at Rio Vista.