- Portland winery TeSóAria offers vegan wine brunchPosted 14 hours ago
- Research focus paying off for Washington wine industryPosted 1 day ago
- Mike Januik enjoys success, accolades from long winemaking careerPosted 2 days ago
- Abacela hires educator Chris Lake as vineyard managerPosted 3 days ago
- Idaho wine industry states its case for RieslingPosted 4 days ago
- Scenes from Sunday’s Riesling RendezvousPosted 5 days ago
- Riesling a favorite across Pacific NorthwestPosted 6 days ago
- Fire threatens Washington winery, vineyard near Red MountainPosted 1 week ago
- State of Washington Riesling continues to improvePosted 1 week ago
- Seven Hills Winery steeped in Walla Walla Valley historyPosted 1 week ago
Introducing the Great Northwest Winecast, a weekly podcast
Today, we launch a podcast, which we’re dubbing the Great Northwest Winecast. This is a weekly audio show in which we will interview winemakers, winery owners, grape growers, chefs, sommeliers and other luminaries in the Pacific Northwest.
Most of the time, we will focus on the wines and people of Washington, Oregon, British Columbia and Idaho. Occasionally, we will stray outside the lines when we have the opportunity to interview someone elsewhere in the world of wine.
Here is our first episode:
For our debut episode, we decided to introduce ourselves by interviewing each other. You will learn:
- What sport got Eric into college.
- Why Andy was destined to be a journalist.
- How the two of them managed to start a wine magazine in 1998 – and get someone else to pay for it.
- When Andy and his wife went wine tasting in a war zone.
- How Eric ends up eating in the best restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.
The Great Northwest Winecast will publish each Thursday here on Great Northwest Wine as well as on iTunes.
Down the road, we plan to have a way for readers to send in their questions, either by email or as a voice recording. More on that in a future episode.
We hope you enjoy this debut.