- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 3 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 4 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 5 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
Introducing the Great Northwest Winecast, a weekly podcast
Today, we launch a podcast, which we’re dubbing the Great Northwest Winecast. This is a weekly audio show in which we will interview winemakers, winery owners, grape growers, chefs, sommeliers and other luminaries in the Pacific Northwest.
Most of the time, we will focus on the wines and people of Washington, Oregon, British Columbia and Idaho. Occasionally, we will stray outside the lines when we have the opportunity to interview someone elsewhere in the world of wine.
Here is our first episode:
For our debut episode, we decided to introduce ourselves by interviewing each other. You will learn:
- What sport got Eric into college.
- Why Andy was destined to be a journalist.
- How the two of them managed to start a wine magazine in 1998 – and get someone else to pay for it.
- When Andy and his wife went wine tasting in a war zone.
- How Eric ends up eating in the best restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.
The Great Northwest Winecast will publish each Thursday here on Great Northwest Wine as well as on iTunes.
Down the road, we plan to have a way for readers to send in their questions, either by email or as a voice recording. More on that in a future episode.
We hope you enjoy this debut.