- Washington grape growers bullish on warm ’16 vintagePosted 18 hours ago
- Husband/wife team make Tightrope Winery a destination in British ColumbiaPosted 2 days ago
- Celebrate Walla Walla a sold-out successPosted 3 days ago
- Seattle sax star Jeff Kashiwa headlines WSU Wine and Jazz FestivalPosted 4 days ago
- Dunham Cellars wins top award at Walla Walla Valley Wine CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- Viognier gaining in Northwest popularityPosted 6 days ago
- IPNC welcomes world of Pinot Noir to OregonPosted 6 days ago
- Meredith Smith takes over at Ste. Chapelle in IdahoPosted 1 week ago
- Columbia Crest brings in Crystal Gayle, BuckinghamsPosted 1 week ago
- Auction of Washington Wines honors Jeb DunnuckPosted 1 week ago
Introducing the Great Northwest Winecast, a weekly podcast
Today, we launch a podcast, which we’re dubbing the Great Northwest Winecast. This is a weekly audio show in which we will interview winemakers, winery owners, grape growers, chefs, sommeliers and other luminaries in the Pacific Northwest.
Most of the time, we will focus on the wines and people of Washington, Oregon, British Columbia and Idaho. Occasionally, we will stray outside the lines when we have the opportunity to interview someone elsewhere in the world of wine.
Here is our first episode:
For our debut episode, we decided to introduce ourselves by interviewing each other. You will learn:
- What sport got Eric into college.
- Why Andy was destined to be a journalist.
- How the two of them managed to start a wine magazine in 1998 – and get someone else to pay for it.
- When Andy and his wife went wine tasting in a war zone.
- How Eric ends up eating in the best restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.
The Great Northwest Winecast will publish each Thursday here on Great Northwest Wine as well as on iTunes.
Down the road, we plan to have a way for readers to send in their questions, either by email or as a voice recording. More on that in a future episode.
We hope you enjoy this debut.