- Doug Charles finds direction with Compass WinesPosted 23 hours ago
- Brian Carter Cellars tops Washington State Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Vintners, growers hit road with story of Yakima Valley winePosted 3 days ago
- Alaska Airlines teams up with Precept for high-flying winesPosted 4 days ago
- Tempranillo adds zest to Northwest wine scenePosted 5 days ago
- Wild Walla Walla Wine Woman puts shop up for salePosted 6 days ago
- Union Wine Co. takes mobile tasting truck for first spin in PortlandPosted 7 days ago
- Challenges, rewards at Whidbey Island WineryPosted 1 week ago
- Washington wildfires unlikely to affect wine grapesPosted 1 week ago
- Great Northwest Destination Wineries: Col SolarePosted 1 week ago
Introducing the Great Northwest Winecast, a weekly podcast
Today, we launch a podcast, which we’re dubbing the Great Northwest Winecast. This is a weekly audio show in which we will interview winemakers, winery owners, grape growers, chefs, sommeliers and other luminaries in the Pacific Northwest.
Most of the time, we will focus on the wines and people of Washington, Oregon, British Columbia and Idaho. Occasionally, we will stray outside the lines when we have the opportunity to interview someone elsewhere in the world of wine.
Here is our first episode:
For our debut episode, we decided to introduce ourselves by interviewing each other. You will learn:
- What sport got Eric into college.
- Why Andy was destined to be a journalist.
- How the two of them managed to start a wine magazine in 1998 – and get someone else to pay for it.
- When Andy and his wife went wine tasting in a war zone.
- How Eric ends up eating in the best restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.
The Great Northwest Winecast will publish each Thursday here on Great Northwest Wine as well as on iTunes.
Down the road, we plan to have a way for readers to send in their questions, either by email or as a voice recording. More on that in a future episode.
We hope you enjoy this debut.