- Mega Purple – an insidious additive that can ruin a winePosted 12 hours ago
- 17th annual Platinum Judging begins todayPosted 1 day ago
- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 3 days ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 5 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 5 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 7 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 1 week ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
Yashar Shayan dedicates his life to love of wine
SEATTLE – Yashar Shayan has one mission in life: wine.
Since learning the joy and mystery of wine while attending the University of Washington, Shayan has been entranced with all things related to the grape.
Here’s our interview with him:
Shayan is owner of ImpulseWine.com (which we first wrote about last year). This is the culmination of several years working at wineries, restaurants, wine shops, wine tour companies and even the Washington State Wine Commission.
Here are a few of the places mentioned in this week’s Great Northwest Winecast:
- Matthews Cellars
- Washington Wine Tours
- Fine Wine & Cigars
- Washington State Wine Commission
- Wild Ginger
- Bin on the Lake
- Efeste Winery
- Wine World Warehouse
- Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar
- Palisade Restaurant
- Willows Inn on Lummi Island
Experience leads to Impulse Wine
All of Shayan’s experience in the wine industry led him to create Impulse Wine, a service in which he tracks down fantastic wines that are undiscovered or difficult to find and offers them to his email list. He offers a different wine each week, and he even provides free delivery within King County.
In his first year, Shayan has already built Impulse Wine into a successful venture, with more than 1,000 raving wine fans on his list. And now wineries are approaching him, hoping he will find their wines alluring enough to offer to his customers.
Shayan is extremely active on social media. You can find him on: