- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 10 hours ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 1 day ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 6 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 6 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
Woodinville Wine Country offers money-saving Insider Pass
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — The wine wonderland of Woodinville has grown beyond 100 tasting room options, and consumers have an opportunity to take advantage of significant discounts on three marquee events with Woodinville Wine Country’s new Insider Pass.
The $95 pass allows its holder access to the Hollywood Hill Block Party on Friday, Sept. 19, the Nick at Night Holiday Tasting on Friday, Dec. 5, and the St. Nick’s Open House Weekend on Dec. 6-7.
If purchased individually, the cost to attend all three would be $160. However, the deadline to purchase the Insider’s Pass is Sept. 18.
The Hollywood Hill Block Party features wine tasting from 5-9 p.m. at 25 participating wineries and an after party from 8-10 p.m. at Hollywood Schoolhouse featuring X-Factor finalist LeRoy Bell. This is an 21+ only event. Cost is $35 on the day of event if purchased separately.
Nick at Night Holiday Tasting kicks off the St. Nick’s Open House Weekend and is held at Molbak’s from 7-9:30 p.m. Many of Woodinville’s top wineries gather under one roof to showcase their best wines. Cost is $60 if purchased separately.
The St. Nick’s Open House Weekend runs noon to 5 p.m. on Dec. 6-7 and spotlights more than 40 participating Woodinville wineries. Cost for the pass is $65 if purchased separately. The Insider’s Pass is available via Brown Paper Tickets.
JM, Novelty Hill, Patterson partner for Get Crushed!
On Saturday, Oct. 11, three elite members of Woodinville Wine Country will be collaborating for a free experience called Get Crushed.
JM Cellars, Novelty Hill/Januik and Patterson Cellars will provide visitors the opportunity to watch the beehive of activity on the crush pad as winemakers and cellarworkers bring in grapes, send them through the sorting table, into the crusher/destemmer and begin fermentation.
Get Crushed is a self-guided tour that starts at any one of these three wineries and continues to the next:
• JM Cellars, 14404 137th Place NE, Woodinville, Wash., 98072
• Novelty Hill/Januik, 14710 Woodinville-Redmond Road NE, Woodinville, Wash., 98072
• Patterson Cellars, 19501 144th Ave. NE, D-600, Woodinville, Wash., 98072
The single-day opportunity runs noon to 5 p.m. There is no charge to visit the wineries and watch from the sidelines. Special tastings and programs at other neighboring wineries will also will be offered throughout the day, and some fees may apply.
Woodinville, 25 minutes northeast of downtown Seattle, is home to more than 100 wineries and tasting rooms representing not only Washington but also Oregon.