- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 2 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 5 days ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 6 days ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 1 week ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- College Cellars spins Muscat into gold year after yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lake Chelan winery wins Tri-Cities Wine Festival with GSMPosted 3 weeks ago
Sparkling wine for Thanksgiving
While we often wait for holidays or another special occasion to pop a bottle of bubbly, it’s actually a wine that is as versatile at the table as any you’re likely to find.
For your Thanksgiving table, a bottle of sparkling wine is the perfect way to kick off the feast. Fortunately, a few wineries in the Pacific Northwest specialize in bubbles, including Michelle (formerly Domaine Ste. Michelle), Argyle, Karma, Kramer and Treveri.
In this collection of sparkling wines we’ve recently tasted is a sparkling cranberry wine from Westport Winery. This just might be the perfect Thanksgiving wine.