- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 18 hours ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 1 day ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 3 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 5 days ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 1 week ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- Coiled Wines to open tasting room in Boise, winery in Garden CityPosted 2 weeks ago
Washington wine shines on both sides of state
It has been a big week for Washington wine on both ends of the state.
In the Puget Sound region, the Washington State Wine Commission has maintained a dynamic presence at the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay near Tacoma. The state wine industry is pouring 120 of its best wines at its corporate tent, which is co-sponsored by Delta Airlines and Visit Seattle.
Across the state, hundreds of wine lovers were attending the third annual Celebrate Walla Walla. The focus of this year’s Celebrate Walla Walla Valley was on Merlot, and the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance brought in winemakers from Bordeaux, Tuscany and Napa Valley to join in this focus on Merlot.
Here are photos from both events.