- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 17 hours ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 1 day ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 4 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 5 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 3 weeks ago
Washington wine shines on both sides of state
It has been a big week for Washington wine on both ends of the state.
In the Puget Sound region, the Washington State Wine Commission has maintained a dynamic presence at the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay near Tacoma. The state wine industry is pouring 120 of its best wines at its corporate tent, which is co-sponsored by Delta Airlines and Visit Seattle.
Across the state, hundreds of wine lovers were attending the third annual Celebrate Walla Walla. The focus of this year’s Celebrate Walla Walla Valley was on Merlot, and the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance brought in winemakers from Bordeaux, Tuscany and Napa Valley to join in this focus on Merlot.
Here are photos from both events.